Logan’s Miraculous Recovery - Update Part 2

In my last blog, I touched on the feelings of guilt I have writing that Logan is still with us while others have recently lost a beloved family member.  Even since my last post, 2 additional dogs that I saw compete in agility have now passed on.  Yet Logan remains.  I harbor the unwelcome anticipation of when it will be my turn.

In the meantime, I continue to write what I am learning, as perhaps this is the point of Logan’s long last chapter.  I call it the “teach Stephanie and pay it forward chapter.”

Last blog I touched on physical symptom awareness.  This entry is about the nutritional component.
There are so many opinions out there, often diverse, and it will send your head spinning.  Just like treating a dog with allergies, there is trial and error.  The “error” part of this equation is what makes me crazy.  I put a lot of expectation on myself not to make any mistakes.

But for this liver failure issue (due to the cancer), here is what has been working:
The fish bake = Jean Dodd’s liver cleanse base diet made with the following veggies (zucchini, green beans).  He gets 1/2 cup 
The 1/8 K = Annamaet Encore kibble
Egg = 1/2 organic
Barley = 1/4 cup
Meat = 1/4 cup boiled beef
MB = 1/8 cup beef liver bake WITHOUT the liver.  Use recipe on earlier blog and double the beef to make up for the liver. 
Chicken = boiled chicken.  The reason it only appears in 1 meal is because we also given chicken 2 to 3 times a day as a treat

Additionally, starting last week we are giving 1 dose of the 30c Lycopodium bought from Wegmans on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday to keep things moving well in the liver.

Logan looks good with a perfectly pink tongue 
And he feels good too, excited for a 1/2 mike walk in the woods each morning.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KOA Oceanside CampGround and Bar Harbor Maine 2016

Skyline Ranch Resort - May 11-13, 2018

Kitchen Remodel Dec 2018