Logan Myrtle Beach


I wonder how we evolved our minds to focus on the lies we tell ourselves as opposed to the facts of our stark reality.  Logan has a cancer that has metastasized.  That is a fact.  Yet, when I look at him and see such life still in him, I tell myself a different story.  I tell myself that I can control this, and that through these actions to help I can give us more time.  I’m at war with myself, wanting to believe and scared to believe. 
After the homeopathic treatment, I started the milk thistle, 250mg divided over breakfast and lunch.  I was concerned I’d get the same result again.  When one repeats the same experiment in science, it is what you hope for.  That’s called reliability and it’s a critical component of demonstrating scientific rigor.  Yet in this case, in Chinese Medicine, the results are not to be so predictable.  It’s such a different way of thinking than I am accustomed to.  Yet, amazingly, as I repeated the milk thistle experiment on Logan, this time, there was a different result.  He has tolerated the supplement well.

We just left from Myrtle Beach on our way to Florida.  I was hesitant to take this trip.  Could Logan really make it?  After all, his one month prognosis is half over.   What would I do if we had an emergency on the road?  Yet Patti felt he was well enough to take the trip so I trusted her.  The truth is, I wanted to trust her, especially if this is the last vacation I have with my dear old friend. 
When we took the first walk on the beach, Logan brought back his kangaroo moves, running past the other dogs and spinning around to swipe at them.  True, his body can’t move the way it used to, but that was his only limitation.  The desire, the heart, the will were all there.  You can see it in the link to his video below.


Comments

  1. I'm glad to hear he is responding well to treatment! I hope you continue to enjoy good quality time. - Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KOA Oceanside CampGround and Bar Harbor Maine 2016

Skyline Ranch Resort - May 11-13, 2018

Kitchen Remodel Dec 2018