Foundation Exercises for Frye

Frye came to us older.  In fact, she's the oldest rescue I've ever adopted at 3 years old.  I felt the urge to dive directly into coursework, but I know from experience that foundation is key to a successful agility career.  In the video below, I demonstrate foundation exercises for a running A-frame (training a hit it board) and a "go out" command.
One of the obstacles I focused on initially was the weaves. It's one of the first obstacles that I trained for Frye.  I've never done the weaves this early in training, but my Greyhound friend Jen Bachelor said from experience that the weaves are hardest to learn for these guys.  I chose the Susan Garett 2x2 method because I have found that this method has worked the best for a dog to understand weave entry.  I don't feel the 2x2 is the best method for speed and maneuverability in the weaves, but Frye seems to be a natural, so I'm not too concerned about it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KOA Oceanside CampGround and Bar Harbor Maine 2016

Skyline Ranch Resort - May 11-13, 2018

Kitchen Remodel Dec 2018