Braddock Winchester Trial Oct 21-22, 2017

I came in with the realization and appreciation that Braddock is a once in a lifetime dog.  I needed that insight.  Otherwise, the pressure that he's currently not in the top 5 could have taken out the joy.  We haven't trialed as much, but our teamwork hasn't faltered. I had so much fun running him.

JWW was first.  My only real decision-making was whether to blind or rear cross before #15.  I chose the rear cross which gave a nice tight turn to 16.
In STD, the line off the teeter was tricky.  If dogs took #16 tight, it set a line for off course #4.  The turn on the flat worked well for many, but put the handler behind.  I chose a blind after the teeter, but that meant I could not babysit the entry to tunnel #14. So I set the line to the tunnel, kept eye contact, and when I saw commitment, I moved into position.  The other thing handlers missed was supporting the line from #9-10.  Some dogs went around 10.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KOA Oceanside CampGround and Bar Harbor Maine 2016

Skyline Ranch Resort - May 11-13, 2018

Kitchen Remodel Dec 2018