Frye Winchester Trial Oct 21-22, 2017

Frye and I are still so new at this together, I don't know what to expect in the ring. I have been working towards having a systematic approach to geting us prepared.  First, I work the bottom of contacts during the week, both in the house and on obstacles.  Secondly, I work master level courses so we can get flow and rhythm and I can see areas of opportunity.  Thirdly, before the runs, she does back and forth recalls to give her a chance to stretch her legs.
There were a couple of moments here I was really proud of Frye.  In Novice STD, she overran her dogwalk and I stopped her.  But when we got to the teeter, she nailed it.  This showed effort.  In Open JWW, which was run at 6:30 PM by the way, she hit that first weave pole, hesitated a bit, and I could see the brain working trying to get it right, and she nailed them.  Also, on the line of jumps after the weaves she was really listening.  Finally, on the jump after the tunnel where she needed to serp, I saw her collect, which again, was effort.  In short, Frye showed today that she really wants to get this game right, and that she also loves the game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KOA Oceanside CampGround and Bar Harbor Maine 2016

Skyline Ranch Resort - May 11-13, 2018

Kitchen Remodel Dec 2018