Frye Frederick MD Trial 10 28-29 2017

I was very proud of Frye.  She is definitely trying and is taking her job more seriously.  Yet, at the same time, she shows an obvious enthusiasm for the sport.  In Open JWW, I did a reverse spin at the 180 after the tunnel.  A lot of dogs were slipping here because they weren't reading the turn cue and then would try and turn last minute while in extension.  Frye read the reverse spin beautifully, but what I forgot is that this would change her line and instead of slicing the next jump, she was squarely in the center which set her back in line with the tunnel and thus she went off course.  Otherwise, it was a beautiful run.
The other good news is that she got her second Novice STD leg.  We didn't run until close to 6pm so I can't even begin to describe how anxious I am to get out of Novice.  I overmanaged that run, and will have to work on building trust in the standard course.  I am most impressed with her effort to stick the table.  I have no clue how she did it, but she did.  Her only mistake was when I pulled her off the dogwalk.  I didn't trust her line and called her in, which made her second guess commitment to it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KOA Oceanside CampGround and Bar Harbor Maine 2016

Skyline Ranch Resort - May 11-13, 2018

Kitchen Remodel Dec 2018