2016 Invitational Trip: Disney Springs and Disney Magic Kingdom

Disney Springs
We ate in Wednesday night, and afterwards I went out with my parents to Disney Springs.  None of us have been there.  I’d say I wouldn’t need to go again.  It’s not my kind of scene.  Lots of people, loud music, and all about shopping.  Nothing of interest to really see, and besides, I can shop at home.  I did find Russ a Columbia shirt that was a bargain. 

The only point of interest was watching the hot air balloon on the lake and then the fireworks.  We left after the fireworks.  No one had an interest in staying longer.  If we were to do it again, I would park in the lime parking garage (we parked in the orange parking garage) and I’d walk over to the marketplace to see the specialty shops  and do the trail of Christmas Trees.
In front of big tree at Grand Floridan Hotel
Disney’s Magic Kingdom
For the third time now, we went out with my parents for dinner in Disney.  It was their treat, which was really nice.  We went to the same restaurant, near the Grand Floridian hotel.   The restaurant is called Narcoossee's and it sits on the lake and has a view of Cinderella’s castle on the other side of the lake.  The food is amazing, but it is expensive.  Unfortunately, I couldn’t eat due to the gallbladder issues.  I could only take a couple of bites of the scallops and they were incredible.

We joked that dad got a fillet well-done.  No one does that.  Mom got a fillet medium, and loved it.  Russ approved.  Mom said she preferred the scallops.  Russ preferred the fillet to the scallops.  The waiter told us that the preference ratings among customers were:  1) Fillet, and 2) scallops.  So, Russ pretty much agreed with him.

Each time we’ve been there we have gotten seated by the window overlooking the lake.  It’s really a nice view.  Then at 10pm there are fireworks, timed to music and storytelling, with lights from Cinderella’s castle.  This time the fireworks were panoramic.  I can’t even begin to fathom the amount of money to pull that off each night.

Seeing the Grand Floridian again was also nice.  They do a great job of decorating for Christmas with the hallmark being a very large Tree, spanning about 4 floors, in the center of the hotel.  We had our picture taken in front of the tree.
The only thing I need to remember next time is to bring an extra jacket.  For some reason, in that area, the weather is always cooler, perhaps due to the breeze.  But every year I'm freezing cold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KOA Oceanside CampGround and Bar Harbor Maine 2016

Skyline Ranch Resort - May 11-13, 2018

Kitchen Remodel Dec 2018